You probably don’t want to join this team. We love what we do. The people we work with are awesome. We do what we do well. We work hard. We play hard. We are way too passionate about the lost. We are growing. We love to laugh. We encourage each other. We are not fully developed. Input from our team matters is important to staff development and relations. You probably do not want to join this team, but maybe God is telling you that you might be up for the challenge. If so, read on…
Central Church is a vibrant and growing congregation who believes in “No Religion, No Judging, Just Jesus”. Your participation will make a meaningful difference in the spiritual growth and lives of others. We are a church where change takes place and purpose comes alive.
We are passionate about connecting people to the life-changing power of Jesus Christ. The worship at Central Church is an exciting, dynamic, and welcoming environment. Our 3 Sunday morning worship services (and a Saturday service launching in May) are designed with the whole family in mind; with contemporary worship, clear biblical teaching, and classes for children.
Who Should Apply?
First and foremost the successful candidate will have a vibrant faith and be someone who believes Jesus is the only way of salvation. Secondly, we aren’t looking for somebody who’s looking for a job. We are seeking someone who feels a desperate call to youth ministry.
While we will notice the type of college or seminary degree candidates may have, we are equally as interested in ministry strengths and abilities. Some key characteristics of the successful candidate will be that they:
• Relate well with high school students and young adults.
• Work well with volunteer leaders and serve as a positive presence in the staff team.
• Stay organized & communicate well since this is an active, multi-faceted ministry.
• Work well with others and support the overall ministry of the church.
• Bring other strengths to the broader church ministry (such as outreach, discipleship, teaching, etc.)
• Willing to work outside the boundaries of the “job description”
We are looking for someone who is:
• Preparing weekly message and learning experience for our 712 Youth Program (weekly gathering)
• Preparing weekly small group lesson & leader’s guide
• Teaching within in student leadership, summer Bible study, etc…
• Teaching at special events such as winter retreats and mission trip
• Interacting with students outside of regular programs
• Mentoring and investing in our volunteer youth leaders
• Connecting with students and families on Sunday morning & Wednesday nights
• Providing pastor care to students and their families (As needed)
• Meeting with students and families for counseling (As needed)
• Praying regularly for students and their family
• Someone with the ability to preach high quality messages in the absence of our Lead Pastor
• Planning special events throughout the year including all retreats, mission trips, special outings, volunteer appreciation, etc…
• Communicating with volunteer leaders, church staff, parents and students directly while maintaining clear communication with the Lead Pastor and Executive Director
• Developing a budget for all events and maintaining good stewardship with resources
• Creating and developing programming ideas in conjunction with Lead Pastor.
• Responding to questions via phone, email, social media in a timely manner.
• Sending letters, postcards, etc…to students and their families (as needed)
• Overall supervision and upkeep of our 712 Youth Center.
• Developing curriculum for small groups
• Developing teaching series for The 712
• Creating/teaching new ministry tools for volunteers as well as training opportunities together
• Website management and video editing skill highly considered
• Ensuring that the youth ministry is operating within the overall vision of Central
• Overseeing the current youth ministry programs of The 712, small groups and student leadership
• Attending all necessary meetings- staff meetings etc.
• Helping to develop and empower the youth ministry team- both paid staff and volunteer staff
• Encouraging and empowering volunteers in their roles through monthly meetings, emails, one-on-one meeting, etc.
• Recruiting new volunteers to open positions, processing application, background checks, interviewing them and placing them in specific roles with appropriate training.
• A willingness to dedicate a minimum of three (3) Friday nights per month to the organization/supervision of our Friday night outreach
A Team Player
• Teamwork is important to us. It takes all of us working together to achieve “Sunday mornings done with excellence”. With that, we know Wednesday night youth gatherings are vitally important, but we require all hands on deck Sunday mornings to achieve this goal. You will be asked to serve and give your all every Sunday.
Qualities and Skills
• Learner: Someone who will at their core live into this call as a learner. We are looking for someone who is going to pursue personal and professional growth.
• Relational: Someone who will pursue personal and healthy relationships with students, leaders and parents as a primary way to build connection, buy-in, and discipleship.
• Vision for Youth Ministry: Someone who is passionate about youth and growing them in Jesus Christ.
• Understanding of Youth Culture: Someone who knows students and youth culture and has skills in connecting/listening to the ever-changing group of students.
• Bridge builder: Someone who can take God’s word/truth and connect it with the lives of students (7th-12th grades)
• Communicator: Someone who can communicate clearly, compassionately and concisely with students, leaders and parents.
• Character: Someone who has an outstanding character and a high degree of integrity.
• Innovator: Someone who can help develop a college-aged ministry
• 2-3 Years of Youth Ministry-related experience (In some capacity)
• College Degree in Ministry field is preferred, but do not let this hinder you from applying. We strongly feel experience can outweigh education. After all, Jesus led one of the greatest ministries of all time without a degree and most of the apostles followed suit.